Your Defense Partner since 1991
Photo: (L) Mark Hamberger, (R) Ronald Weiss
We are the largest firm in New York State devoted exclusively to workers’ compensation defense
Photo: Buffalo attorneys
We continue to expand our statewide practice to meet a changing landscape
Photo: Rochester attorneys
Committed to our clients through activism, engagement, leadership, and scholarship
Photo: 2016 Seminar
Presenting annual seminars on workers’ compensation topics for more than four decades
Photo: 2016 seminar
Your New York State Defense Partner Since 1991
Celebrating our 30th Anniversary!
Gone are the days of handling only hearings and appeals. As the WCL landscape has changed, we have been at the fore, working with our clients, the Board, industry, bar groups, and legislators to shape the discussion and provide a full spectrum of legal services in the workers' compensation arena. These include:
- Defense of claims from initial file review through trial and summations
- Section 32 settlement negotiation and preparation
- Calculation and submission of Medicare set-asides (MSAs)
- Handling conditional payment recovery demands
- Loss Transfer arbitrations
- WCL Section 120 discrimination claims
- Research projects for clients on major issues affecting workers' compensation
- Statewide appellate practice before the Board, Appellate Division, and Court of Appeals of the State of New York
Latest News and Updates
5/19/2023 - (Firm News) - Congratulations to Renee E. Heitger and Nicole Graci on their recent AV Pre-eminent peer ratings from Martindale Hubbell!
5/19/2023 - (Firm News) - CMS Removes Six Year Limitation on Amended Reviews
4/19/2023 - (Firm News) - Kudos to our partner, John Coyle!
4/13/2023 - (Firm News) - Congratulations to our partner, Melanie Wojcik!
3/29/2023 - (Firm News) - Hamberger & Weiss LLP is excited to announce the return of its annual seminar on April 25th, 2023!
700 Main Place Tower
350 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14202
Telephone: (716) 852-5200
Fax: (716) 852-0003
One South Washington Street
Rochester, New York 14614
Telephone: (585) 262-6390
Fax: (585) 262-6399
Copyright © 2023 Hamberger & Weiss LLP